Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Oscar Predictions

The Oscar nominations have just come out today, so I thought I would make my predictions. Here are the nominees: Best Picture 127 Hours Black Swan The Fighter Inception The Kids Are All Right The King's Speech The Social Network Toy Story 3 True Grit Winter's Bone I have only seen four of the nominees so far: Inception, The Kids Are All Right, The Social Network and Toy Story 3. I really want to see The Fighter, The King's Speech, True Grit, and Winter's Bone. Out of the movies I've seen, I would pick The Social Network or The Kids Are All Right to win Best Picture, although I think The King's Speech or True Grit has the best chance of winning. Best Actor Javier Bardem for Biutiful Jeff Bridges for True Grit Jesse Eisenberg for The Social Network Colin Firth for The King's Speech James Franco for 127 Hours I would pick Jesse Eisenberg to win Best Actor for his impressive performance in The Social Network, but I think that Colin Firth will win for The King's Speech. Best Actress Annette Benning for The Kids Are All Right Nicole Kidman for Rabbit Hole Jennifer Lawrence for Winter's Bone Natalie Portman for Black Swan Michelle Williams for Blue Valentine I would pick Annette Benning to win Best Actress for The Kids Are All Right. I think she really deserves to win for her performance. My other picks would be Nicole Kidman or Michelle Williams. I think that either Annette Benning or Natalie Portman will win. Best Supporting Actor Christian Bale for The Fighter John Hawkes for Winter's Bone Jeremy Renner for The Town Mark Ruffalo for The Kids Are All Right Geoffrey Rush for The King's Speech I would pick Christian Bale for The Fighter and I think he will win. Best Supporting Actress Amy Adams for The Fighter Helena Bonham Carter for The King's Speech Melissa Leo for The Fighter Hailee Steinfeld for True Grit Jacki Weaver for Animal Kingdom I would pick Melissa Leo for The Fighter or Jacki Weaver for Animal Kingdom. I think that Melissa Leo will win. Best Director Darren Aronofsky for Black Swan Joel and Ethan Coen for True Grit David Fincher for The Social Network Tom Hooper for The King's Speech David O. Russell for The Fighter I would pick David Fincher for The Social Network. My other picks would be Darren Aronofsky for Black Swan and David O. Russell for The Fighter. I think that either David Fincher or David O. Russell will win. Best Original Screenplay Another Year by Mike Leigh The Fighter by Scott Silver, Paul Tamasy, Eric Johnson, and Keith Dorrington Inception by Christopher Nolan The Kids Are All Right by Lisa Cholodenko and Stuart Blumberg The King's Speech by David Seidler I would pick Inception or The Kids Are All Right. I think that The King's Speech or The Fighter might win. Best Adapted Screenplay 127 Hours by Danny Boyle and Simon Beaufoy The Social Network by Aaron Sorkin Toy Story 3 by Michael Arndt, John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton, and Lee Unkrich True Grit by Joel Coen and Ethan Coen Winter's Bone by Debra Granik and Anne Rosellini I would definitely pick The Social Network. My 2nd place pick would be Toy Story 3. I think that The Social Network will win. Best Animated Film How To Train Your Dragon The Illusionist Toy Story 3 I would definitely pick Toy Story 3 and I think it will win. Oscar Snubs I think that Andrew Garfield should have been nominated for Best Supporting Actor for The Social Network, Katie Jarvis should have been nominated for Best Actress for Fish Tank, Kierston Wareing should have been nominated for Best Supporting Actress for Fish Tank, Christopher Nolan should have been nominated for Best Director for Inception, Julianne Moore should have been nominated for Best Actress for The Kids Are All Right, Ryan Gosling should have been nominated for Best Actor for Blue Valentine, and Dianne Wiest should have been nominated for Best Supporting Actress for Rabbit Hole.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your predictions and your thoughts about who should have been nominated. I would definitely like to check out "The Kings Speech", "The Kids are Alright" and "The Fighter". Can't wait for Oscar night! :)

Anonymous said...

I think that "The King`s Speech" is going to win most of the Oscars.The script is well written, acted and directed. On a political note, the Brits are pretty popular right now,thanks to Will`s and Kate`s upcoming nuptials. But we`ll see what happens on Oscar night.

If you`re going to see "True Grit", view the original with John Wayne first.

Aunt N said...

I wrote the second comment which appears above. Sorry, I hit the wrong button under "identity". I`ll try to get ti right from now on!!!

Anonymous said...

So excited for Oscar night! I really need to see The Kings Speech ..also really want to see Black Swan.

Love your predictions :D
I find it amusing that you say American Beauty was good...because I definately remember you bragging about it hahaha
Take care, love ya kiddo

Marisa said...

OMG I just saw the Kings speech and Black Swan! AMAZING ..both of them...Natalie Portman DEFINATELy deserves best Actress I believe ..it was so intense I felt very shaken for the next hour after watching it. :D ...kinda scary

Anonymous said...

after reading your predictions I too can not wait for Oscar night. I loved the Kings Speech. I haven't seen the Fighter but that is one on my list.

Anonymous said...

Even though Figh Club was not such a great movie the EYE CANDY mad it worth while.