Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Movies & Books

Hi. I thought I would do an entry about movies I've seen lately or books I'm reading.

The last movies I've seen lately on DVD are White Heat and Before Sunrise. If you haven't seen them, White Heat is a crime movie from 1949 starring James Cagney, and Before Sunrise is a romance with Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy from 1995. I thought that both of these movies were very good, but not great, although both had some great scenes in them. I think that the ending to White Heat would have been perfect if the very last line in the movie had been cut out. I won't spoil the endings in case anyone hasn't seen them. I'm probably going to watch Before Sunset, the sequel to Before Sunrise, sometime soon. I've heard that it's supposed to be even better than Before Sunrise.

Yesterday, I went out of town and saw The Fighter in theatres. It was a great movie with very good performances by Mark Wahlberg and Amy Adams, a great performance by Melissa Leo, and an amazing one by Christian Bale. He completely blew me away in that movie and needs to win the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.

I also bought some new movies: Animal Kingdom, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, The Pianist, and Empire Of The Sun. I'm really looking forward to seeing them for the first time.

I finished reading a book called The Guernsey Literary And Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer a few days ago and it was really good. Before that, I read Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern, and I really liked it. I started reading a new book today called In The Province Of Saints by Thomas O'Malley and it's interesting so far.

No comments: