Monday, February 28, 2011

The Oscars

I really liked this year's Oscars. The opening montage was great. I especially liked Anne Hathaway and James Franco's opening skit that featured them in all the nominated movies. The Black Swan parody was great and it was really funny when Morgan Freeman and Alec Baldwin showed up in the skit.

I was really happy when Melissa Leo won for Best Supporting Actress. I was hoping that she would win. Jacki Weaver winning would have been cool, too. I liked Melissa Leo's speech and was really surprised she wasn't played off the stage by the orchestra or censored during her speech.

I knew that Toy Story 3 would win Best Animated Picture and I was happy that it won. I was really happy when Aaron Sorkin won Best Adapted Screenplay for The Social Network, but I was surprised that David Seidler won Best Original Screenplay for The King's Speech. I really liked that movie, but I wanted Inception or The Kids Are All Right to win.

I thought it was awesome when Christian Bale won for Best Supporting Actor. I really liked his speech. I was really happy and surprised when Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross won Best Original Score for The Social Network.

I liked that the nominees for Best Original Song were performed this year. I was kind of disappointed when Randy Newman won for "We Belong Together" because I liked that song the least out of all of them. I would have picked "If I Rise" by Dido and A.R. Rahman to win.

I wasn't surprised at all when Colin Firth won Best Actor for The King's Speech. I thought he was really great in that movie, although I thought he should have won last year for A Single Man. I thought it would have been really cool if Jesse Eisenberg won Best Actor, but I knew it would be Colin Firth. I also knew Natalie Portman was going to win Best Actress for Black Swan. My sister saw Black Swan and said she was amazing in it. I think it would have been hard to pick Best Actress this year. I really liked Annette Benning in The Kids Are All Right. I haven't seen Rabbit Hole, Blue Valentine, or Winter's Bone yet, but I've read that Nicole Kidman, Michelle Williams, and Jennifer Lawrence were all great.

I was very surprised when Tom Hooper won Best Director for The King's Speech. I thought it definitely should have been David Fincher for The Social Network. I also wanted The Social Network to win Best Picture, but I was fine with The King's Speech winning. I really liked this year's Oscars and thought Anne Hathaway and James Franco did a great job hosting :)

No comments: