Monday, March 5, 2012

Movies I Watched Last Week 2

 
 
 
 
 
Chronicle
 
 
Chronicle (2012, Rating: PG-13, Director: Josh Trank) (My Rating: 4/5) Chronicle is about three teenage boys, (Alex Russell, Dane DeHann, Michael B. Jordan), who get superpowers. I thought this movie was great. I was glad to be able to see it in a theatre, because of the cool special effects. It had a very interesting story, and really good acting, especially by Dane DeHann, whose performance is one of my early favorites of the year.
 
Wanderlust
 
 
Wanderlust (2012, Rating: R, Director: David Wain) (My Rating: 3/5) Wanderlust is about a couple, (Paul Rudd and Jennifer Aniston), who discover a hippie commune. I thought this movie was really funny, with good performances by Paul Rudd, Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux, and Alan Alda. It was nice to see Jennifer Aniston in a good movie again.
 
Withnail and I
 
 
Withnail & I (2nd time watching) (1987, Rating: R, Director: Bruce Robinson) (My Rating: 4.5/5) I really liked this movie when I saw it the first time, but I loved it the second time. I enjoyed the second half of the movie more than when I saw it the first time, and I couldn't believe how many great lines there were. I was more impressed by both Paul McGann and Richard E. Grant's performances, and enjoyed Richard Griffith's performance more than I did the first time. This is one of my new favorite movies.



Breakfast At Tiffany's (Centennial Collection)


Breakfast At Tiffany's (1961, Rating: PG, Director: Blake Edwards) My Rating: 3/5. Breakfast At Tiffany's is about a free-spirited woman named Holly (Audrey Hepburn) who falls for an aspiring writer named Paul (George Peppard). This was an enjoyable movie with a great performance by Audrey Hepburn. I was surprised that she didn't win Best Actress for this movie. The only thing I didn't like about it were the scenes with Mickey Rooney, who plays Audrey Hepburn's Asian neighbour. Because of the neighbour character being played by a white actor, and the character being an insensitive stereotype, I found those scenes painful to watch.

No comments: