Saturday, February 25, 2012

Movie Review-The Descendants

Title-"The Descendants"

Rating-R

Director-Alexander Payne

Actors-George Clooney, Shailene Woodley, Amara Miller

Genre-Drama

Year-2011




I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch "The Descendants" at first, because I hated the movie "Sideways", the last movie made by its director. However, I did end up liking "The Descendants", if not loving it. Based on the novel by Kuai Hart Hemmings, "The Descendants" is about a man from Hawaii (George Clooney) who struggles with looking after his two daughters, Alexandra (Shailene Woodley) and Scottie (Amara Miller), after his wife goes into a coma. In addition to this, Matt is being pressured to sell Hawaiian land that has been in his family for generations. "The Descendants" has an interesting story and an impressive performance by George Clooney. It also has good acting by Shailene Woodley and Amara Miller, who play his daughters. Although it is not my favorite movie by Alexander Payne (I prefer "Citizen Ruth" and "About Schmidt"), it is still a good movie worth checking out when it is released on DVD.

No comments: