Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Movies I Watched Last Week

I'm starting a new weekly feature on this blog called "Movies I Watched Last Week". I'll list the movies I've seen the previous week, with a rating for each movie out of five, and a brief comment on what I thought of them. Here are the movies I watched last week:








Broadway Danny Rose


Broadway Danny Rose (1984, Rating: PG-13, Director: Woody Allen) (My Rating: 3/5) Broadway Danny Rose is about a talent agent, (Woody Allen), who is forced to bring a singer's mistress, (Mia Farrow), to an important performance. I liked this movie and thought it was really funny, although not one of my favorite movies by Woody Allen. Really good performances by Woody Allen and Mia Farrow.






Bad Teacher (2nd time watching) (2011, Rating: R, Director: Jake Kasdan) (My Rating: 2.5/5) Bad Teacher is about an unenthusiastic teacher named Elizabeth (Cameron Diaz) who attempts to date a rich substitute teacher, (Justin Timberlake). I liked this movie more the first time I watched it. I still really liked Cameron Diaz's performance, but I didn't laugh at very much this time, except at one particular scene that I still found hilarious.



Moneyball



Moneyball (2nd time watching) (2011, Rating: PG-13, Director: Bennett Miller) (My Rating: 3.5/5) Moneyball is a true story about a baseball general manager named Billy Beane (Brad Pitt) who works with a sports analyst (Jonah Hill) and discovers a new formula for building a baseball team. I liked this movie a lot more the second time watching it. I noticed and understood more things in the story. I was really impressed by Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill's performances.






Martha Marcy May Marlene (2011, Rating: R, Director: Sean Durkin) (My Rating: 3.5/5) Martha Marcy May Marlene is about a woman named Martha (Elizabeth Olsen) who escapes from a dangerous cult. This movie had a very interesting story with amazing performances by Elizabeth Olsen and John Hawkes. I was surprised that they were not nominated for Oscars.






Withnail & I (1987, Rating: R, Director: Bruce Robinson) (My Rating: 4/5) Withnail & I is about two out-of-work actors who take a vacation in the country. I really enjoyed this movie. It had great acting, especially by Richard E. Grant, and an entertaining story with many memorable scenes and lines. I really recommend checking this movie out. You can watch Withnail & I in its entirety on www.youtube.com for free.


Roman Holiday (Special Collector's Edition)


Roman Holiday (1953, Rating: G, Director: William Wyler) (My Rating: 3.5/5) Roman Holiday is about a princess (Audrey Hepburn) who explores Rome in disguise with a journalist. I enjoyed this movie, and I thought Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck were really good in it, but I didn't love it. I might have to watch it again sometime.

No comments: