Monday, February 6, 2012

Valentine's Day-Themed Movie Reviews: (500) Days Of Summer

Since Valentine's Day is coming up soon, I thought I would post some reviews I've written of some romantic-themed movies that I really liked. I'll post a new review every day until February 14th.




Title-(500) Days Of Summer

Rating- PG-13

Director-Marc Webb

Actors-Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Zooey Deschanel, Geoffrey Arend, Chloe Moretz

Genre-Comedy/Romance/Drama

Year-2009


I loved "(500) Days Of Summer". It is very rare to see an entertaining, smart, funny, and romantic movie that does not easily fall into the "romantic comedy" genre. "(500) Days Of Summer" is a about a greeting card writer named Tom (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), an optimist who believes in true love. One day, Tom meet Summer (Zooey Deschanel), who is a new employee, and immediately falls for her. Unlike Tom, Summer thinks true love is a myth. Tom and Summer become friends, which then turns into an unconventional romantic relationship. "(500) Days Of Summer" skips around through Tom and Summer's entire relationship, equally showing good and bad points in it. Throughout his relationship with Summer, Tom gets advice from his best friend McKenzie (Geoffrey Arend) and wise little sister Rachel (Chloe Moretz). "(500) Days Of Summer" is a great movie and I really recommend watching it.

No comments: